Halifax Convention Centre today, October 11, launched its new and enhanced Local Program to showcase and support local businesses, producers, and culture in Nova Scotia through the events it hosts. To deepen the Centre’s impact on our local community and business and create authentic Nova Scotia experiences for guests, the reimagined Local Program includes three components:
- An enhanced menu featuring 70+ Nova Scotian suppliers, farmers, and producers;
- Partnerships with Taste of Nova Scotia and Craft Nova Scotia to deliver Local Pop-Up Markets during events, providing showcase and purchase opportunities for guests;
- A series of client packages, giving event organizers a range of opportunities to showcase and serve local products, including on-site activations, customized receptions, and more.
The Halifax Convention Centre will host 120 events with an anticipated 80,000 delegates, and 30 national and international conferences this year.
For more information, visit: https://www.halifaxconventioncentre.com/delegate-experience/local.
“We are proud to create opportunities that showcase our diverse local producers and suppliers, creating authentic Nova Scotian experiences for our guests. Our new Local Program gives us the opportunity to give visitors and locals alike a taste of Nova Scotia, inspiring them to go out and explore all that our province has to offer.”
- Carrie Cussons, President & CEO, Events East Group
“Programs like Nova Scotia Loyal and the Local Program show pride in our province, the wonderful people who live here, and the quality products that are made here. When our local businesses succeed, we all succeed. This program provides visitors with a taste of the very best of Nova Scotia, and I’m thrilled to support it.”
- The Hon. Susan Corkum-Greek, Minister of Economic Development
“As we welcome the world back to our city, the Convention Centre has taken the lead in supporting local business and showcasing local products. Visitors are in for a treat when they get a taste of our Nova Scotian food and drink and exceptional hospitality at the Halifax Convention Centre.”
- Mike Savage, Mayor of Halifax Regional Municipality
“Taste of Nova Scotia and our members are proud to partner with the Halifax Convention Centre Local Program. In Nova Scotia, we have the unique opportunity to tell our story through food and drink and this partnership helps share this story with visitors from here and around the world.”
- Emily Haynes, Executive Director, Taste of Nova Scotia
“Craft Nova Scotia is excited to be able to showcase local makers through our partnership with the Halifax Convention Centre Local Program. This initiative just makes sense. It supports our craftspeople, and helps contribute to the overall social, cultural, environmental, and economic sustainability of our communities.”
- Kelly Jerrott, Executive Director, Craft Nova Scotia